It’s Sunday morning and I’m off to Las Vegas for the WPPI convention. The WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International) convention is the the professional photography industry’s largest annual gathering in the form of a convention and trade show. This is my first time attending, and to say that I’m excited is an understatement.
I’m looking forward to attending lectures and workshops with some of my very favorite photographers in the business. It is always so interesting to see the actual people behind these photographs and to listen to what inspires them as artists and how they run their businesses.
I’ll also be reuniting with some photographer friends that I’ve made over the last year and a half, one from as far away as Chile!
My goal is to come back with four things:
1) Fresh ideas for my images. I’ve been reading about a few ways to make my images more unique and beautiful. I plan on connecting with some photographers and purchasing new software to make this happen asap!
2) Business strategies. Because I’m new to owning my own business, I’ll be attending lectures by some successful business owners at WPPI. I don’t have anything specific that I’m dying to know, just an overall idea of how they’re doing things and what makes their businesses work so well. I’d like to use this as a way to assess where I am and where I want to go this year.
3) New and amazing products and services for my clients. The trade show promises to have any great product and service that I’ll ever want and I can’t wait! I’ve been on the hunt for better albums and I plan on returning with several new album suppliers, so clients: stay tuned for some great new offerings!
4) Overall inspiration. This is so incredibly broad, but I’m hoping to find some here. We all need a little inspiration sometimes, don’t we?
5) I forgot, I have one last goal: Uninterrupted showers! Yes, I plan on taking at least 3 uninterrupted showers while I am away. I will miss my son terribly…but I do look forward to the warm, quiet, solitude and peace of showering without anyone banging on the door, running in and out, screaming, or using up all of my warm water. Who knows, I may just go for it and take a bubble bath! 🙂
So there it is, I’ll be posting my take on my very first WPPI convention on Thursday, so check in again!
I will be at WPPI until Wednesday evening and will not be checking e-mail or fulfilling photo orders while I’m gone. If you place an order or send me an e-mail between Sunday and Wednesday, hang tight…I’ll be back at work on Thursday morning.
Have a wonderful next few days!